Kari Sayers is a mom, a wife, a writer, a dream catcher, and a bunch of other titles depending on which day of the week it is! She is passionate about helping stressed-out women navigate marriage, motherhood and daily life with her humorous self-help tips.
I’m Kari–a writing, blogging, constantly creating mama of two.
I started my first real blog back in 2014. It was a personal development blog that I created as a way to cope with the stress of marriage, motherhood, and being on a career path that I fucking hated.
The very next year I published my first self-help book–Have You Seen My Sexy? Okay, it was actually my second self-help book. The first one was a humorous breakup survival guide I published back in 2007 (I’m sure I have an entire box of them hidden in a closet somewhere if you really want one.)
I went on to publish a few business books and even started a series of young adult novellas.
However, raising two small boys and being a working mother was hard as shit. So, I quit writing for a bit.
Then, in 2017, full of a new burst of energy, I co-created a 28-day self-love challenge with my younger sister and published Mastering the Mindset of Self-Love: A 28-day Journal.
Now, I’m back on my self-help kick hoping to inspire other women (especially tired, overworked mamas) to invest more time and energy in themselves.
Writing about my experiences helps me to stay balanced and focused on the things that are most important to me.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I am an extroverted introvert–so while I love being around good people, I also need plenty of alone time.
- My parents have been married for 49 years. I get my spunky demeanor from my mama–Thelma.
- I have two sisters, LeiLani a.k.a. LeiFox (who is over a decade older than me and is a loud extrovert) and Lani a.k.a. Mea (she is my younger sister who has similar humor as me, but is also prone to cussing bitches out–so don’t cross her). Both of them will likely be characters in my books one day.
- I went to Xavier University in Ohio for athletic training and health services administration. Note,I am not practicing in either of those fields but my degrees do keep me warm at night (Kanye reference).
- I’ve been married for almost a decade. My husband has a sexy accent and I fell for it. Together we have twin boys–who are also published authors.
- Reading chick literature and paranormal romance is my guilty pleasure! Emily Giffin and Sophie Kinsella are two of my FAVORITE authors. But I also was a die-hard lover of the Sookie Stackhouse novels back in the day. I’m working on my first chick lit novel with a little paranormal influence now!
- I secretly want to be BFFS with Mindy Kaling, Tina Fey, and Solange. I’m free for lunch whenever ladies!
- My go-to tv sitcoms are The Office, The Mindy Kaling Show, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Schitt’s Creek.
- I’ve seen The Fifth Element over 20 times. My sisters and I can damn-near repeat the movie by heart.
- My favorite book of all time is The Once and Future King–which I have read twice.
- Domestication tried to steal my joy of reading physical books but I tricked her with audiobooks–now I can do laundry, cook a meal, and listen to my latest reading fetish at the same damn time. Take that!